Thursday, January 22, 2009

Changing the Landscape

I purchased Peter Andrews book as a Christmas present for my wife back in 2007. I found it as I was wandering through a local book store desperately looking for something she would like.

I took the book down to the cafĂ© attached to the shop and started reading the back cover, I’m not much of a reader, I like history and that’s about it. And with out knowing a couple of hours had past and I was half way through the book; I’d never been so absorbed in a book before in my life.

The book interested me for two reasons; firstly we were in the process of purchasing our first property, and everything I read in the book I could relate to from growing up in South East Queensland.

It’s now two years since we purchased our farm, I’m a member of the Natural Sequence Farming Murrumbidgee Chapter (NSFMC), we’ve been to a number of Field Days and now have our own project planned.

Our farm already has a Blog site, but I’ve decided to establish a second site to journal the project and illustrate our activities. The first planned event is a visit by Peter Andrews to Bredbo to plan and discuss the project - I'll provide more details as they come to hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment